The Virtek Laser QC can improve your quality, reduce your scrap and re-work and improve your customer satisfaction with our advanced, rapid, 2D- or 3D-laser quality inspection solutions.
Perfect for parts processed on laser, CNC punching machines, waterjets, plasma and other processes that make parts out of flat sheet material. Material can be metal, glass, paper, vinyl, stone and many other types of materials.
Virtek is changing the way parts are inspected — right on the shop floor, in the flat, before value is added to the part. There are numerous variables that can contribute to a failed flat part — the wrong tool, programming errors, incorrect gas mix and many more. By inspecting the first piece of a production run, costly rework becomes a thing of the past.
- Laser QC is the automated, high-speed laser inspection system for first article inspection, statistical process control (SPC) and reverse engineering of 2D materials.
- Laser QC AFM quickly checks 3D parts after they are bent to measure bend angle, flange heights, and hole locations after a part is bent.
Increased Throughput and Quality
Laser QC quickly performs flat part inspection and the machine can be placed next to your CNC punching, laser, or waterjet equipment. The operator simply places a part on the scan table and clicks on the scan icon.
As the laser scans the part, the outline appears in real time on the computer screen. In seconds the scanned part can be automatically compared to the corresponding CAD file with any variances outside pre-set tolerances highlighted in color. If required, Laser QC can even automatically create detailed inspection documentation for your external customers or your own internal quality process.
Laser QC enables you to:
- Pinpoint errors before they cost to reduce scrap and re-work and increase profitability
- Eliminate quality control bottlenecks and reduce production machine downtime
- Shorten delivery times to meet tight customer demands
- Win new business by offering full inspection reports or even a reverse engineering service
- Improve your quality process with quick, random or 100% inspections and the system's statistical process control (SPC) capability
Easy to Use and Shop-Floor Friendly
The easy-to-use Laser QC system is designed specifically for a manufacturing environment. The software is easy to learn and your operators will be become proficient with less than one day of training. This shop-floor friendly system self-calibrates before each scan to ensure repeatable accuracy. And, since Laser QC controls the laser from a stationary position, it offers a reliable, low-maintenance solution that can operate almost anywhere in your plant.
Key features include:
- Easy-to-use, industry-focused applications software
- Accuracy to +/- 0.05mm (0.002")
- Ability to scan oversize parts with fast, simple merge feature
- On demand, advanced inspection reports that comply with ISO and QS requirements
- Compatibility with .dxf, .dwg and .igs CAD file formats
- Ability to take any complex measurement quickly and easily
Virtek AFM 3D Brochure
Virtek Laser QC 2D
Virtek Laser QC AFM 3D
Icon Machine Tool is proud to distribute Virtek QC parts inspection machines throughout Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, Iowa, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Idaho, and Washington.
back to top